Own Journey was developed with the intention of helping to empower people through international small group travel. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal information are as safe and secure as possible, and we take all reasonable precautions to make sure this happens.
- How we collect your information;
- How Own Journey uses, manages and releases information;
- Where your information is stored;
- Our obligation;
- Your rights; and,
|Type of Information You Submit||How It’s Collected||A Few Examples|
|Profile Information||Users provide this information when:
|Cookies||Cookies are small text files which are stored on a your device. Whenever you submit a query from your device our website will send back a text file to allow the us to keep track of users, and remember important information.|
How Own Journey Uses, Manages and Releases Information
- Any information that you share with Own Journey can be classified as either identifying information or non-identifying information.
- Unless required by law, we will not share your any of your identifying information with any other party, other than any information you consent to providing as part of your use of the Own Journey website, without your explicit consent.
- We may use aggregate or non identifying information, but never any identifying information, to help manage, review and enhance the Own Journey website, Own Journey tours, or with third parties.
- Other ways in which we may use any information you provide are:
- To provide you with information and updates on Own Journey;
- To ensure the Own Journey website is operating as effectively as possible;
- To allow you to use Own Journey website and its features;
- To report aggregate non identifying information to advertisers or third parties;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, service improvement and record keeping;
- To notify you about Own Journey changes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or us.
- We may disclose any information you provide to third parties:
- To protect our users;
- When required to comply with any legal obligation;
- To enforce our terms;
- If the brand or business is sold to another company; and,
- With third-party service suppliers.
Where Your Information Is Stored
- The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and/or stored using secure Google Drive & Mail Chimp services.
- We will take all necessary and reasonable steps to ensure your data is protected. Whilst we will do our best to ensure your data is secure, you accept that sending your data via telecommunications systems is not completely secure.
- You can access the personal information we hold about you by writing to us.
Sites That Aren’t Ours
- Other sites such as social media sites have their own privacy policies, and as such may collect and use your personal information in different way. We recommend that read their terms also as we are not responsible for their conduct.